Breaking

05/08/2016

Shocking! Woman in Trouble for Selling Her Unborn Baby in Anambra for N100,000

In what will come across as a really shocking
development, a woman has sold off her baby
which was still unborn in her womb.

Chidinma Okorie, a 29-year-old woman, and two
medical doctors have been arrested by the police.

They were arrested by the Anambra State Police
Command and paraded on Thursday for alleged
child trafficking.

According to Punch Metro, the doctors, who were
said to be Okorie’s accomplices, were identified
as Emmanuel Tobechukwu and Cosmos Ugorji.

Okorie said she had sold two children since she
was introduced into the illegal trade by a woman
whom she claimed was an evangelist.

She said “I sold the two children at N50,000 each.

I, myself, am pregnant now and the evangelist said
when I’m delivered of my baby, she would buy it for
N100,000.

“I have five children; but I’m not married. I have not
sold any of my children; but I have sold two
children, starting with the child of a pastor that I
first stole. I’m pregnant and I have agreed to sell
my baby to the evangelist for N100,000 when I give
birth.”

She said the medical doctors were helping her in
the trafficking because they had a ready market
through a nurse that was still at large.

She said “Madam brought three of us (girls) from
Ebonyi to Anambra State and took us to a shrine in
Asaba where she collected our blood for voodoo
so that we will not reveal to anybody the type of
business we do.”

She insisted that the two medical doctors aided
her in the trafficking of the two children.

According to Punch Metro, Ugorji, however, said he
had not seen Okorie before and he had not done
any transaction with her.

Ugorji, who said his hospital was located at
Awada, Obosi, near Onitsha, explained that the
nurse, whom Okorie named as his accomplice in
child trafficking, was only coming to his hospital’s
laboratory to conduct blood sample tests.

“I don’t know this girl (Okorie) because I have not
seen her before. I was surprised to see the police
storm my hospital yesterday (Wednesday) talking
about child trafficking. Today, they brought us
here,” he added.

On his part, Tobechukwu, who said his hospital
was at Nkpor, near Onitsha, said a woman brought
Okorie to his hospital for blood test.

He said, “This woman (Okorie) has a medical
condition, which I won’t want to discuss here. She
was brought by one woman, who said she was a
nurse. I didn’t document their addresses because
we did not do any treatment. What we did was
blood test and they left.

“ I’m from Enugu and I’m working in somebody’s
hospital at Nkpor. I have nothing to do with child
trafficking.”

Parading the suspects at the Anambra Police
Command headquarters at Amawbia, the Police
Public Relations officer, Nkeiru Nwode, said the
suspects were arrested on Wednesday after a tip
off.

She said Okorie had come to Idoma village in
Umuoji,Idemili-North Local Government Area of the
state and stolen a four-year-old boy, but luck ran
out on her when people raised the alarm and she
was apprehended.

The PPRO said before the incident, Okorie had
stolen a child belonging to a pastor in the state.

Nwode alleged that the doctors were accomplices
who linked the traffickers to ready markets.

She said two of the accomplices, a nurse and a
female evangelist, whose names were not given as
of press time, were still at large.


File photo used only for ilustrative purpose

No comments: